Saturday, March 10, 2007

An Adoring Addition to Shannon's Fan Club

In February I had a solo trip to Atlanta. I went to visit one of my best friends Sandi and her new little edition, Princess Shannon. What a little cutie pie! Big eyes and a bigger smile which is turned on over 80% of the time.

Shannon laughing with me on the floor

During my visit I was witness to a couple of important baby milestones, the first was a self propelled flip from tummy to back. The second milestone which was almost as important... baby's first shopping marathon! Based on Shannon's reaction to the 4 - 5 hours we spent in the mall I believe she's going to be an expert shopper as are her mother and I!
While we were out we also made sure Shannon had the appropriate amount of exposure to Starbucks. By the time I left she was starting to become more interested in our coffee than her bottle (I'm only slightly exaggerating!).

Me and Shannon at, you guessed it...STARBUCKS!!!

While I was visiting I was re-introduced into the life of babies. Like clock work Shannon was up between 2am and 3am for a sip of water, then up again between 5:30am and 6:00am to eat. Of course Sandi did most of the work, but I did get my baby practice in by helping with the day feedings and rocking her when she was disgruntled. She's one of the most turned on baby's I've ever seen, she intensely curious and doesn't want to miss a thing.

Shannon, struggling to stay awake.

I watched Shannon for a few hours one day so Sandi could get some closet organization done and I took some very cute photos. This is one of my favorites, it reminds me of those photos that were popular a few years ago of big headed puppies. What a lovely baby!

Shannon lying on Sandi's bed.

I had an excellent time visiting Shannon and hope to see her again in June or July when she'll be about 10 months old. Wonder what she'll be up to then - walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment