Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Birthday

Just call me Suzy Homemaker...when Sammy asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said a sewing machine. Yes, you heard right, a sewing machine. I have this grand idea that I'm going to finish the quilt I started in University and sew curtains for the windows in our new place. I'm becoming very crafty in my unemployment.

I started small to test to see if I'll keep on with it, so far I've finished 2 needlepoint projects and I'm in the process of completing a 3rd and my 4th one is bigger project. It's either going to be a wall hanging or a pillow. I also purchased a book on how to make curtains and how to make felt. I had no idea felt is just pieces of wool that's been wetted and basically rubbed together until it sticks. I'm looking forward to trying make some felt after we move, after I sew curtains, after I finish the projects I've already started. Good luck to me!

However, I know once I start working all this craft ambition will most likely decrease. It's amazing how creative you get when you aren't spending 12 - 14 hours a day working, getting ready for work or traveling to and from work. I saw a program on 20/20 once (a US news show that does 30 min segments on a topic for those who haven't heard of it) it was talking about how much more creative teenagers were than adults. My opinion is they aren't anymore creative, they just don't have to worry about working and paying the bills which frees them up to be creative. I'm incredibly creative when I don't have to work. It's amazing what free time and a little extra money will get ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment